PC (Windows) users seeing “Application cannot be started”
- NPAWorks is optimized for Internet Explorer, other browsers will require an extension.
- If you are using Edge, Firefox, or Chrome – check to make sure you have the extension installed.
- There is a link in the lower left corner of the login page to install the extension (ClickOnce).
- Make sure to download AND install the extension (click on the download).
If you are prompted to KEEP the file first, please hit KEEP and then click on it to install.
- Depending on your computer, you may need to update or install your Microsoft .NET Framework first. See the link below on Step 8.
Once it is installed, you will need to remove the add-on and repeat the process from step 3 onward.
- When the extension is installed correctly, you should see this yellow window.
If you don’t get it, you might need to repeat the process by removing from Chrome and then installing again. Once you get the notification that the plugin was installed successfully you may continue.
- If the issue is still occurring, you may need to erase your “2.0” folder from your computer.
- If you see an error that includes the phrase “application is improperly formatted” – your Microsoft .NET framework may be out of date.