How to Reserve a Room
To use room or equipment mailboxes, open Outlook from your computer or sign in to Outlook on the web. Schedule a new meeting and add the room or equipment to the meeting like you would when inviting other employees or customers. You’ve now reserved it.
- Open Outlook on your computer.
- On the Home tab, choose New Items > Meeting.
Or, from your Calendar, just select New Meeting.
- In the To field, type the name of the conference room or equipment you want to reserve, in addition to any attendees you’d like to invite.
Or, select To then double-click the conference room or equipment from the list. Then select OK.
- In the Subject line, type the purpose of the reservation or meeting.
- Change the Location value or leave as is.
- Change the Start time and End time. Or, select All day event. To make the meeting or reservation repeat, select Recurrence at the top.
- Type a message describing the purpose and attach any files if needed.
- To allow others to join online or call in to the meeting, select Skype Meeting or Teams Meeting.
- To make sure the room, equipment, and people you’ve invited are available, select Scheduling Assistant at the top. Then select an available time in the calendar.
TIP: In the scheduling calendar, blue means the room or equipment is reserved, or busy. Select the white, or free, area on the calendar.
- When finished, select Send.