Behavior Therapist L.A. Job Description
Review behavior therapist job description and apply using the link provide below.
Behavior Therapist/Behavior Interventionist
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
Job Description Summary
The Behavior Therapist or Behavior Interventionist is responsible for working directly with our clients providing Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) therapy. Therapist will be responsible for the following duties:
- Case Management
- CSH Program Events
- The Behavior Therapist reports directly to the Case Manager and Case Supervisor.
- Must have an Bachelors level degree or higher
- Computer literate
- Experience working with children that have been diagnosed with Autism or with other intellectual disabilities.
Physical Job Requirements
- Body positions: sitting, standing, and kneeling
- Body movements: walking, running, bending, twisting
- Body senses: the ability to see, hear, and speak articulately are required.
Employees may be working in the following settings, an office, the community, in schools, and/or in client homes.
Essential Job Functions
- Case Management
- CSH Program Events
- Internal Communication
Duties and Tasks:
- Fulfill 100% of scheduled session on a weekly/monthly basis
- Renders and locks schedule by due date
- 2-week notice for any vacation request with appropriate paperwork
- Submit permanent schedule changes in writing to Case Supervisor for approval (using appropriate paperwork)
- Let Case Supervisors know of ANY changes in schedule
- Complete all assigned tasks on time (to be determined per assignment)
- Remain HIPAA (The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)compliant at all times ensuring all client files are protected including text messages, e-mails and phone conversations
- Attend all Creative Solutions for Hope companywide trainings
- Maintain logbook for client’s program in conjunction with the most recent updates
- Update Case Supervisor with any information regarding case
- Review all information in the logbook every session
- When starting new cases: discuss case details with Case Supervisor prior to going into client’s home
- Scheduling: Look through NPA works, confirm schedule and render every night
- Request Monthly Feedback Forms and goal setting
- Submit any scheduling/session adjustments to Case Supervisor as soon as possible
- Respond to Case Supervisors e-mails, phone calls within 48 hours
- Respond to families e-mails, phone calls within 48 hours
- Complete tasks accordingly: stimuli creation, monthly summaries, office hours- with e-mail follows up as the task is assigned and approved
- Demonstrates assertiveness when addressing concerns
- Fills in necessary hours to maximize every contract
- Receives constructive feedback with professionalism (Monthly Feedback Forms and goal setting)
- Addresses case concerns in a timely manner
- Completes delegated tasks immediately and within time frame
- Models appropriate strategies to parents
- Assertive in communication and problem solving with families/school and regional center personnel, supervisors, etc.
- Meets goals set by supervisors and provides a copy of them to every supervisor every overlap scheduled
- Social Skills Group
- CSH events (e.g., Movie Night, Halloween Party, etc.)
- Must respond to every communication attempt with internal staff (i.e., supervisors, office administrators, assigned BCBA mentors, directors) within 48 hours
- Communicate all policy/protocol related issues immediately to Human Resources department
- Communicate any Information and Technology (“IT”) issues that would hinder the ability to perform work duties
- Mandatory attendance at all mandatory company meetings
- Must be fluent in updated/current policies, adhere to those policies and ensure that knowledge of these policies are followed through
Measures of Performance:
- Attainment of annual goals established between Behavior Therapist and Case Manager and Case Supervisor.
- Meet all essential job function requirements as described in the job description.