Associate Clinical Director Los Angeles
Please review Associate Clinical Director Job description and apply using the link provide below.
Los Angeles Associate Clinical Director
Location: Los Angeles, California
Supervised by Clinical Director
Job Description Summary
The Associate Clinical Director is responsible for managing and supervising all functions of the clinic in coordination with the Executive Clinical Director. This includes consulting with the direct supervision and service staff (i.e., therapist, supervisors and administrative staff). They will have involvement in all important decisions. The Associate Clinical Director monitors staffing, case specifics and implementation of protocols that adhere to following CSH policies and guidelines.
The Associate Clinical Director reports directly to the Executive Clinical Director.
- Must have BCBA certification
- Must have at least five years’ experience as a Case Supervisor
- Must be computer literate:
- Must be able to work weekends as needed/required by the company.
- Must complete on-going training to support job competency.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) current certification.
Physical Job Requirements
- Body positions: sitting, standing, and kneeling
- Body movements: walking, running, bending, twisting
- Body senses: the ability to see, hear, and speak articulately are required.
- Intellectual abilities: the ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions. The ability to provide written and verbal instructions to subordinates
Employees may be working in the following settings, an office, the community, in schools, and/or in client homes.
Essential Job Functions
- Case Management
- CSH Program Events
- Internal Communication
- Oversee and manage a department of CSH to be determined by the Clinical Director
- Oversee Case Supervisors/Managers
- Report Writing
Duties and Tasks:
- Fulfill 100% of contract hours on a weekly/monthly basis (i.e., 1:1, Parent Consult (PC), and Supervision hours)
- NPA to be filled in completely prior to 1st of each month
- Renders and locks schedule by due date
- 2-week notice for any vacation request with appropriate paperwork
- Submit permanent schedule changes in writing to the Executive Clinical Director for approval (using appropriate paperwork)
- Submits schedule change requests within 24 hours of therapists’ initial requests
- Submit parent verification forms (Department of Developmental Services – DDS) by due date
- Conduct regular inspections of therapists and supervisor schedules on the NPA system
- Archive data and complete Monthly Summary (MS)/Behavior Graphs for each case monthly (this is case supervisor responsibility unless there is a senior therapist to delegate to)
- Complete all assigned tasks on time (to be determined per assignment)
- Remain HIPAA (The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliant at all times ensuring all client files are protected
- Attend all Creative Solutions for Hope (CSH) companywide training
- Respond to all therapist e-mails, phone calls within 24 hours
- Respond to families e-mails, phone calls within 24 hours
- Have knowledge base with NPA Codemetro, Scheduling, Client Contracts (RC&Ins)
- Experience consulting with parent on difficult issues
- Experience supporting Supervisors and Case Managers by prioritizing clinical oversight and feedback
- Offer BCBA hours to Case Managers and Supervisors
- Learn and be proficient with all CSH administrative and clinical policies
- Be knowledgeable with insurance billing procedures
- Must be fluent in performing functional behavior assessments
- Communicate the contractual information and assessment agreements with office manager, upon receiving the assessment
- Must work with families to arrange observation dates
- Must be fluent in Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills (ABLLS), Adaptive Behavior Assessment System (ABAS), etc. assessment and developmental needs of clients
- Must be able to take clear, concise and relevant notes on observations of behavior, caregiver and interview process
- Must be fluent in goal writing with each funding sources and/or intended submittal source (i.e. – Regional Center goals vs. school district goals vs. private program goals vs. parent goals etc.)
- Must be able to administer tests, surveys and other informal assessment tools
- Must be able to clearly summarize the results of the conducted assessment and all components: mediator analysis, functional analysis, goals, observations
- Must respond to all assessment correspondences within 24 hours (i.e. – phone call from school principle to arrange observation etc.)
- Submit first drafts of completed assessment to the Executive Clinical Director prior to due date (2-weeks) for appropriate revisions within a 3-week period
- Must meet all deadlines associated with assessment submittal
- For clinical assessments: Associate Clinical Director may be asked to organizing the clinic room, ensuring the cleanliness of the space provided so that others can utilize the room to its full capacity
- Conducts assessments for new/current clients
- Assign tasks accordingly: stimuli creation, monthly summaries, office hours- with e-mail follows up as the task is assigned and approved
- Attend Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meetings as needed
- Case development meetings with Case Supervisor minimum 1 time a month
- Associate Clinical Director must attend Planning Team Meetings (PTM)’s for Regional Center cases
- Complete Monthly Summaries (MS)/Behavior Graphs on monthly basis
- Complete Performance Reviews for Behavior Therapists, Seniors, Case Managers and Supervisors by due date.
- Complete report rating sheet and submit with report to the Executive Clinical Director
- Create and regularly update behavior support plans
- Create logbook for client’s program in conjunction with the most recent assessment
- Creates client schedules
- Demonstrates good judgment in resolving and when addressing concerns
- Fills in necessary hours to maximize every contract
- Follows up on purchase order (POS) contracts
- Makes recommendations involving employees rates of pay
- Mandatory attendance at all monthly supervisor meetings
- Monitors weekly and monthly requirements for assigned cases and ensures that staff completes these requirements and submit by the deadlines.
- Oversee contract fulfillment with all case supervisors and attend/conduct case supervisor meetings.
- Participates in decision making involving the hiring and termination of employees
- Participates in employee disciplinary meetings
- Schedule program development meetings as needed; coordinate with all team members
- Provides appropriate feedback to families regarding case programs
- Addresses therapists concerns in a prompt manner
- Delegates tasks to therapists as needed
- Models appropriate strategies to therapists when overlapping
- Models appropriate Parent Consult (PC) to therapists as needed
- Provide mentorship to therapists as needed
- Assertive in communication and problem solving with families/school and funding sources
- Complete one Therapist Feedback Form for every therapist, for every case, for every month
- Set goals as necessary for Case Managers and Case Supervisors.
- Provide consultation to caregiver/parents. This may include modeling a teaching strategy, review of data collected, review of current 1:1 and PC goals, behavior intervention plan, teaching of ABA principles, etc.
- Provide ongoing feedback to case managers and case supervisors regarding case management (reviewing goal sheets and following through with all implemented goals
- Observation of the client in various settings and situations (as needed): school, after school program, morning, afternoon, speech therapy sessions, occupational therapy sessions and community outings
- Provide consultation regarding IEP issues and present levels as requested by caregiver(s)
- Creates and edit clinical material/protocol as needed (i.e. checklist, training material etc.)
Attend CSH events to help support the marketing and growth of the company.
- Communicate all policy/protocol related issues immediately to Human Resources department
- Communicate any Information and Technology (“IT”) issues that would hinder the ability to perform work duties, to IT immediately
- Mandatory attendance at all monthly supervisor meetings
- Must be fluent in updated/current policies, adhere to those policies and ensure that knowledge of these policies is disseminated to all Creative Solutions for Hope staff employees
Oversees Case Supervisors/Managers
- Provide guidance to case supervisors/managers on an ongoing basis to help develop skills and professionalism (e.g., Monthly Summary Updates for logbooks, FBA’s, reports, etc.)
- Provide ongoing feedback to case supervisors regarding case management (reviewing goal sheets and following through with all implemented goals )
- Train supervisors for ongoing development
- Write progress reports and update the progress with baseline, previous and current data, complete summary and recommendations with minimal errors
- Submit reports by due date
- Conducts Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) training
- Develop trainings and workshops based on the present needs of employees (on and off site)
- Performs additional duties as may be assigned
- Present company-wide trainings and demonstrate competencies on the material being presented
- Provide BCBA supervision
- Train Case Managers to properly manage cases with co-operation of the cases shared (i.e. – case managers must learn how to execute all of the tasks of the supervisor in regards to the case(s) shared, must be fluent in consultation.)
- Train senior therapists at the promotion, probation, and ongoing development levels (i.e.-quizzes, homework assignments, mentorship, review reports, provide feedback etc.)
Measures of Performance:
- Attainment of annual goals established between Associate Clinical Director and the Executive Clinical Director of the company
- Meet all essential job function requirements as described in the job description
- The Associate Clinical Director must meet 110 client billable hours per month. The hours will be averaged over the quarter. These hours are required to sustain the Associate Clinical Director position. These hours are subject to change.